Roasted wild bass in skin
By the chef
- 160-180 g fish/person
- 100 g raw garden peas/person
- 4 radishes
- 3 carrots with tops/person
- 1 spring onion/person
- 1 beetroot
- Olive oil
- Virgin almond oil
- Salt, pepper
- Cut slits in the top of the bass fillets, season with salt and pepper.
- In a hot frying pan with olive oil, cook the fillets skin side down.
- Shell the garden peas.
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil.
- Boil the peas for 4-5 minutes in the water.
- Drain the peas and cool them in ice water (to keep their colour).
- Wash the radishes.
- In a flat saucepan, add enough water to cover the base and add a knob of butter and some salt.
- Place the radishes in the saucepan; cover and leave to cook for 10-12 minutes, then leave to deglaze.
- Thinly slice the onions and cook them in butter like the radishes. Slice the stems diagonally and put them to one side for decoration.
- Repeat the process for the carrots.
- Finely slice the raw beetroot with a mandolin. Fry in the oil at 160 C, remove and place on kitchen roll.
- Mix all the cooked vegetables together to add them to the saucepan containing the radishes.
- To serve, place the bass skin up. Add the vegetables, the onion stalks and the beetroot crisps.
- Drizzle with virgin almond oil and season with salt and pepper.