Cod fillet in pecan crust
- 4 cod fillets (or 4 sea bream fillets)
- 60 g sliced artichoke hearts
- 250 g risotto rice
- 20 g shallots
- 25 g pecans
- 15 g grated emmental cheese
- 20 g butter
- 25 g breadcrumbs
- 100 g brown sugar
- Virgin pecan oil
- 2 tablespoons special olive oil for cooking
- 2 tablespoons “Référence” balsamic vinegar
- Salt, pepper
- Preheat the oven to 210 C (gas mark 7).
- For the breadcrumb coating, mix the shelled pecan nuts with the breadcrumbs, emmental, softened butter, salt and pepper.
- Cut the potatoes into thin slices. Fry in special cooking olive oil until golden.
- Place the cod (or seabream) in a greased oven dish, season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the top. Cook for 20 minutes.
- In a frying pan, place the artichoke heart quarters flat, moisten the tops and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the sugar, vinegar, shallots and olive oil. Cook on a high heat for 15 minutes. Remove the artichokes and reduce the cooking juices by half. Put half to one side and further reduce the remaining liquid, leaving it to caramelise.
- Place the artichokes back into the pan to coat them in the juice, then serve them with the fish au gratin and a little risotto. Decorate with a drizzle of virgin pecan oil.